If you are trying to decide on a dessert to bring to your covid style Thanksgiving celebration, you should seriously consider this chocolate coconut pecan pie! This twist on the Thanksgiving classic makes for a fun change, and will hopefully bring us all a little bit of pure happiness during these stressful times. 2020 has sure been a rough one, but I’m so hopeful for the possibilities of the coming year. Let’s finish this one out strong with lots of good food and love for one another!
Speaking of love, Thanksgiving is all about family. My dad loves pecan pie, so I had him in mind when working on this recipe. He also loves coconut cream pie, and I thought it would be fun to give him the best of both worlds. Of course, I did add a little bit of chocolate in there for selfish reasons, but I don’t think he will be complaining.
Generally, I am not a big pie fan myself, BUT…this pie is different. I would easily choose a slice of this chocolate coconut pecan pie over a slice of chocolate cake, and that is saying a whole lot. It is just that delicious. I love the texture, and served warm with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream, this one is going to be hard to beat.
I’ve not yet committed to learning how to make a perfect pie crust (again, pie is generally not my thing), but I promise to get on that soon. I LOVE how simple this pie is to make. If you go with a fresh or frozen pre-made crust, you can have this pie in the oven in 15 minutes or less. It is so simple, and definitely one the kids will love to help make. My little one insisted on making his own pie with the extra crust we had. Here he is hard at work before deciding to dump in a full cup of sugar. We even baked it, but luckily he forgot all about it after his nap!
I hope you try this recipe out at Thanksgiving! My easiest ever pumpkin cheesecake is another very simple and very delicious dessert option. More Thanksgiving recipes to come!Print
Loaded with coconut flakes, chocolate chunks, and sweet molasses, this delicious pie is a fun twist on Thanksgiving’s classic pecan pie. In the oven in less than 15 minutes, this chocolate coconut pecan pie is so easy to make and tastes amazing!
- 1 9 inch pre-made pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the corn syrup, butter, molasses, sugars, vanilla and salt and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped pecans, coconut flakes, and chocolate chunks.
- Pour the pie filling into the pre-made crust.
- Bake the pie on a sheet pan in the lower 1/3 of the oven for one hour. (cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil or with a pie crust shield after baking for 30 minutes).
- Allow the pie to cool on a wire cooling rack for several hours before cutting to serve.
- You can substitute chocolate chips if you don’t have chocolate chunks, but I think the chunks stand up a little better and make for a prettier pie.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Pies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chunks, coconut, pecan, Thanksgiving, pie