Loaded with coconut flakes, chocolate chunks, and sweet molasses, this delicious pie is a fun twist on Thanksgiving’s classic pecan pie. In the oven in less than 15 minutes, this chocolate coconut pecan pie is so easy to make and tastes amazing!
- 1 9 inch pre-made pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the corn syrup, butter, molasses, sugars, vanilla and salt and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped pecans, coconut flakes, and chocolate chunks.
- Pour the pie filling into the pre-made crust.
- Bake the pie on a sheet pan in the lower 1/3 of the oven for one hour. (cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil or with a pie crust shield after baking for 30 minutes).
- Allow the pie to cool on a wire cooling rack for several hours before cutting to serve.
- You can substitute chocolate chips if you don’t have chocolate chunks, but I think the chunks stand up a little better and make for a prettier pie.
- Category: Pies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chunks, coconut, pecan, Thanksgiving, pie