I am currently in a state of keeping all things simple, and still leaning a little on comfort food. I thought a really easy spinach artichoke dip would be fun to make and something everyone can keep in their back pocket. Hopefully, you have some fun Memorial day plans coming up, and this is a perfect dish to bring to any gathering! There is a reason you can find spinach artichoke dip on nearly every casual restaurant menu. The combination of flavors is just addicting and this version is right up there with the best I’ve ever had.
No Chopping Required!
You literally can throw everything into one bowl without even breaking out your chef’s knife. I don’t know about you, but I just need a recipe like this every now and then. No cooked onion, no chopped garlic, just throw everything in there! You can roughly chop the artichokes if you like, but since I use my stand mixer I just let them break apart naturally as the dip gets mixed. Normally if I’m cooking for a party, I am working at a frantic pace in the kitchen, so the simpler the better!
The STRUGGLE (or my struggle I should say)
Ok y’all, I know I said this recipe is super easy- and it definitely is…but I’m not going to lie, creating it was kind of a disaster. Have you ever pulled something out of the oven only to realize that you forgot one of the most critical ingredients? Yeah well, artichokes are in the name so I guess they are kind of important. I forgot to add them not once but TWICE. Luckily Dylan caught it the second time and I was able to fix that batch before baking. Rest assured, no dip went to waste (you’re welcome thighs). I’m sure you won’t forget the artichokes, but since I did it twice I thought it was worth mentioning.
My First Appetizer!
I just realized this is the first appetizer that I’ve posted to the blog! I’ll have to work on some other party recipes before we start spending more time with friends and family as more people are vaccinated. Please send ideas! I love when someone makes a request. It is so much more fun to create recipes for y’all. As always, thanks for reading and I hope we are partying together soon. Check out some of my other recipes before you leave!Print
Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: ~4 cups
This warm and cheesy spinach artichoke dip is SERIOUSLY addicting and so easy to make for your next get-together. Just mix everything up, in the oven for 10-15, and voilà! It doesn’t get any better than this 🙂
- 1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper (black pepper is totally fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (from a package), divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 – 12 ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped if you like (I like big chunks of artichoke, so I just let mine break apart naturally as the dip mixes)
- 1 – 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press out as much water as possible from the thawed spinach. (The less moisture, the better.)
- Add all ingredients (use only half the mozzarella) to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (my preference). Mix by hand or on low speed until ingredients are evenly combined and the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer dip to an 8 x 8-inch baking dish, smooth it out into an even layer using a rubber spatula, and top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Uncover and place under the broiler until mozzarella is golden and melty on top. Serve warm with pita bread or tortilla chips!
- If you would like to make a lighter version, you can use light sour cream and low-fat cream cheese. Another option is to replace the mayonnaise with plain greek yogurt.
- This dip is best served warm, not piping hot out of the oven!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spinach, artichokes, dip, party, appetizer, vegetarian, easy
This one looks so good! You had me at no chopping!