A cozy cup of hot black tea steeped with the perfect blend of spices. This chai latte is sweetened with honey and vanilla, and topped with frothed milk and cinnamon. A sweet, spiced tea perfect for sipping in the cooler weather.
The Spice Blend (makes enough for 18 lattes)
- 1.5 teaspoons allspice
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of the spice blend you made above
- 1/2 cup whole milk, frothed
- In a small bowl or container, whisk together the allspice, cinnamon, ground ginger, and cardamom. You will use 1/4 teaspoon for each latte you make, so save the extra in an airtight container to use the next time around!
- Add 1/2 cup boiling water to a mug with one chai tea bag, and allow to steep according to package directions (mine takes 5 minutes).
- Add the vanilla, honey, and 1/4 teaspoon of your spice mixture to the brewed tea.
- Froth 1/2 cup of milk and pour slowly into your mug with your tea.
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon if you like and enjoy while hot!
- Feel free to use a lower fat milk to save on calories!
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Steep
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chai, latte, tea