Golden, crusty grilled cheese filled with melted camembert, crispy bacon, thinly sliced apples, and a drizzle of honey.
- 2 slices of bread, preferably french or sourdough
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 package of camembert cheese
- 2 slices uncured applewood smoked bacon
- 8 thin slices of honeycrisp apple
- drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Allow butter and camembert to soften at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Place bacon on an ovenproof rack set inside a sheet pan and cook in 400 degree oven for about 18 minutes. Start checking every few minutes around the 10 minute mark.
- Mix butter and fresh thyme together with fork until well combined.
- Cover one side of each slice of bread with herb butter.
- On the non-buttered side of each piece of bread, spread a layer of camembert cheese. Add a very light drizzle of honey on one side.
- Add a layer of very thin apple slices to each piece of bread.
- Add bacon slices in the center and assemble the sandwich by combining each half.
- Cook the grilled cheese butter side down in a cast iron skillet over medium low heat for several minutes per side and until golden brown. Cut in half and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Sandwiches
Keywords: camembert grilled cheese