Perfectly moist pumpkin muffins baked with chocolate chips. Ready in 45 minutes, these muffins are ultra satisfying and perfect when you are craving something sweet for breakfast. My new favorite muffin!
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup whole milk buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + additional for topping the muffins
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick baking spray. You can also use cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients (flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, salt)
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed for three minutes.
- Beat in the eggs on low speed one at a time.
- Add the pumpkin puree, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula if needed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients with the mixer set to low speed until fully incorporated then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop your muffin batter into your muffin pan. Each cup should be about 3/4 full.
- Top each individual muffin with 4-5 chocolate chips. Just press them gently into the batter so they remain visible on top.
- Bake muffins for 5 minutes at 425 degrees, then rotate the pan and reduce your oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake muffins for an additional 18 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes more to finish.
- It is ok to substitute regular whole milk for the whole milk buttermilk if you prefer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip, pumpkin, muffins