A unique pizza smothered in pesto and topped with gorgonzola cheese, Portobello mushrooms and chopped walnuts with the most amazing sesame seed crust, all baked to golden perfection. A copycat version of the “Shear Delight” from Asheville Brewing Company is one of the best pizza combinations you’ll ever taste!
- 1 store bought ready-to-bake pizza dough or my Easy Homemade Pizza Dough
- Olive oil for greasing pan and brushing the crust (can use cornmeal instead of oil to prevent crust from sticking)
- 1– 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (I like to go heavy on the sesame seeds, its the best part!)
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (depending on how cheesy you like your pizza)
- 4 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled into Nickle sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Spread your pizza dough out into a circle or rectangle on a pizza stone or baking sheet. (If using a baking sheet, you will need to either grease the pan with a tablespoon of olive oil or sprinkle with cornmeal to prevent sticking).
- Brush the edges of the pizza with olive oil and sprinkle the crust with sesame seeds.
- Cover the center of the pizza in a thin layer of pesto and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add your toppings (sliced mushrooms, bits of gorgonzola cheese, walnuts).
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until top is golden and crust is cooked through.
Don’t forget to top with some red pepper flakes if you like a little heat!
- Category: Mains
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Pizza
Keywords: pesto, gorgonzola, vegetarian, pizza, sesame seeds