A tangy, buttery lemon pound cake brushed on all sides with a lemon sugar glaze. Created for a very special friend and soon to be loved by you and your people.
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature (3 eggs + 1 yolk)
- 1 cup + 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray inside of loaf pan with PAM baking spray with flour. (you can use a tablespoon of butter if you don’t have this spray, but I highly recommend it.
Prepare The Cake Batter:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat 3 large eggs plus one yolk (all at room temperature).
- Add butter to the bowl of a stand mixer**, and use the paddle attachment to beat the butter on medium speed for 1 minute – scraping the sides of the bowl down with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add the sugar, and cream the butter and sugar together with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Turn the speed to low and slowly add the egg mixture a little at a time, mixing in between additions.
- Add the vanilla.
- Continue mixing on low speed, adding half the flour mixture. Add half the lemon juice. Then the remaining flour, followed by the rest of the lemon juice. Mix until just combined.
- Transfer the cake batter to prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
Bake The Cake:
- Set loaf pan on the MIDDLE RACK, and turn the oven temperature down to 325 degrees.
- Bake for one hour and until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer the loaf pan to a wire cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the cake from the pan and allow to cool completely on the cooling rack.
Make The Glaze:
- Over medium-high heat combine sugar, lemon juice, and water. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved. Brush the cooled cake on all sides with the lemon sugar glaze and enjoy!
**If you don’t have a stand mixer, a large mixing bowl and hand mixer work just fine!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon, pound cake, friendship