These key lime pie bars are extra tart and make for a bright and refreshing dessert that is perfect for warmer days! Adding mascarpone to the mix makes this recipe unique and creates a super creamy texture that I know you are going to love!
For the Crust
- 15 graham crackers
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 – 8 ounce container mascarpone
- 1/2 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- whipped cream
- slices of lime
Prepare the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the graham crackers into a food processer and process at high speed into crumbs. (If you don’t have a food processer you can pound the graham crackers into crumbs in a large ziplock bag then transfer to a mixing bowl for the steps below)
- Add the sugar and salt to the food processer and pulse until evenly combined.
- Add the melted butter and pulse again until the crumbs are fully coated. (If you aren’t using a food processer, mix well with a fork then combine with your hands until all the crumbs are thoroughly coated in butter.
- Transfer the crumb mixture to your 9 x 9 inch baking dish and use the bottom of a drinking glass or measuring cup to pack the mixture tightly into the bottom of the dish.
- Pre-bake the graham cracker crust for 10 minutes (prior to adding the filling), then remove from oven to cool.
Prepare the Filling
- Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, mascarpone, and greek yogurt in a large mixing bowl for at least 2 minutes until smooth and creamy (you can also do this step in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment).
- Stir in the lime juice and lime zest and whisk again for another two minutes.
- When the crust finishes pre-baking, pour the filling on top of the crust and use a rubber spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake the whole thing for another 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove the dish from the oven and transfer it to a wire cooling rack. Once the dessert has cooled completely (about an hour), transfer to the refrigerator to chill for another 2 hours minimum, but the longer the better!
- Cut into squares and serve chilled! Optional: Top with whipped cream and a slice of lime.
- You can easily convert this recipe to a standard key lime pie. Just swap out the baking dish and keep everything else the same!
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert, key lime pie, bars