A warm and crusty crescent roll bake stuffed with spinach, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese. This recipe uses Pillsbury Crescent Rolls for a super-fast and delicious dinner option.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 – 8 ounce can of Pillsbury crescent rolls (or any other brand)
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 – 10 ounce package of frozen spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray, olive oil, or butter.
- Add 1 of the Pillsbury dough squares (package contains 2 large squares) to the bottom of the baking dish, spread the ricotta cheese on top, and add several dashes of Italian seasoning right on top of the ricotta.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add frozen spinach, cherry tomatoes, garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Use a potato masher to *smash the tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Off the heat, stir in feta crumbles.
- Layer the spinach mixture into the baking dish and top with the other half of the crescent roll dough. Spray the top with olive oil cooking spray (you can also brush on olive oil or melted butter).
- Bake for 15 minutes and scrounge!
*Make sure you stand with your body away from the pan or wear an apron when smashing your tomatoes. I definitely got tomato juice all over my shirt : )
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Easy Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crescent rolls, feta, ricotta, spinach, easy, cherry tomatoes, easy dinner, baked, vegetarian, scrounge