Easy to make homemade pizza dough that yields a perfectly crunchy bite and soft, chewy crust every single time! Made with only five ingredients, this recipe is great for making ahead and freezing.
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Combine flour, salt, and dry yeast in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook or a medium sized mixing bowl. Turn the speed to low or mix by hand and slowly add the olive oil then water until fully incorporated.
- Mix until a sticky dough ball forms. Turn the stand mixer speed to medium and knead for 3 minutes in the mixer or knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 4 minutes. You may need to add a little more flour or water (see notes section below).
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and allow to rise on the counter for at least 20 minutes and up to several hours (the longer the better).
- Shape into a pizza, brush the edges with olive oil, top with sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings and cook at 450 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until the pizza is done to your liking!
- If your dough is too sticky, add a little more flour (a tablespoon at a time) until it reaches the proper consistency. Likewise if the dough is dry, add a little water (a tablespoon at a time). The dough should be slightly sticky and very elastic.
- Make sure your cooking surface is greased with olive oil. If using a sheet pan, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of cornmeal to keep your pizza from sticking.
- If you plan to use the pizza dough the next day, you can cover and allow to rise in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Category: Breads
- Method: Kneaded
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pizza dough, homemade, knead