Classic reuben sandwich piled high with corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and a delicious homemade dressing served on toasted rye bread.
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup ketchup
- 2 Teaspoons worcestershire
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons horseradish
- 1 Teaspoon chili oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
For the sandwich:
- 16 ounces corned beef, sliced thin
- 8 slices of rye bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 8 slices of swiss cheese
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- butter, softened
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Spread softened butter on one side of each of the 8 slices of bread. Turn the bread over (butter side down) on a cutting board or sheet of aluminum foil.
- Spread about 1 Tablespoon of the dressing you prepared on each of the 8 slices of bread (on the non-buttered side)
- Add one slice of cheese directly on top of the dressing on each slice of bread.
- Heat the corned beef in a non-stick skillet over medium low heat until warmed through.
- Top four of the slices of bread with approximately 4 ounces of corned beef.
- Add 1/2 cup sauerkraut on top of the layer of corned beef.
- Assemble the four sandwiches by adding the top layer of bread with the cheese and dressing (buttered side facing out).
- Cook each sandwich in a cast iron skillet over medium low heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.