Soft and chewy bars made with whole wheat flour and packed with five different seeds (flax, pumpkin, poppy, sunflower, and brown sesame) This a Trader Joe’s copycat recipe. Healthy and delicious!
To be processed:
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup rolled old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons brown sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Process the almonds and dates on high speed in a food processor for around 10 seconds, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the melted butter, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the wet ingredients (one at a time) and mix until just combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the vanilla followed by the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add the reserved almond/date mixture and “mix-ins” (oats, honey, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, poppy seeds, and brown sesame seeds) and continue to mix on low speed until evenly combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack on the counter and allow to cool for 10 minutes, cut the bars, remove from the pan and allow to continue cooling on the rack for as long as you care to wait 😉
Cuisineart 14-Cup Food ProcessorBuy Now →
- This recipe is easy, but there are A LOT of ingredients. Make sure you gather everything you need before you get started.
- Oven temperatures can vary. Check the bars around 15 minutes, but bake until you can insert a toothpick and remove it dry.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bars
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond, seeds, bars